Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My Favourite Catholic Pick-up Lines

By popular demand I’ve gone and looked them up again. Some are my own creation, some are my fathers (mainly aimed at me!), some are originally from a Canon now living in Camberwell and some are from Patrick Madrid.

My favourite five...

1. Haven’t I seen your face on a Holy Card somewhere?
2. Confess here often?
3. My Guardian Angel thinks you’re cute
4. What's a nice girl like you doing at a First Saturday Rosary Cenacle like this?
5. What lovely scapular brown eyes you have! (Can, of course, insert green if need be.)

And the rest...

  • Your Pilgrimage or mine?
  • May I sit down? I was admiring your Chest - erton. Have you also read Orthodoxy?
  • I have a vocation to the married life. Will you help me out?
  • My Sacred Heart statue started beating faster when I saw you.
  • Ah, so you’re what happened to my missing rib.
  • May I offer you a light for that votive candle?
  • I would like to study the Theology of your body.
  • Hi there. My buddy and I were wondering if you would settle a dispute we're having. Do you think the word should be pronounced HOMEschooling, or homeSCHOOLing?
  • You don't like the culture of death either? Wow! We have so much in common!
  • Let's get out of here. I know a much cozier little Catholic bookstore downtown.
  • I bet I can guess your confirmation name.
  • Hi, I need someone to do a Novena with. (That’s nine dates guaranteed)
  • Sorry, but I couldn't help but noticing how cute you look in that ankle-length, shapeless, plaid jumper. (ouch!)
  • Did you feel what I felt when we reached into the holy water font at the same time?
  • Can I carry your missal for you?
  • Come to my parish on Sunday you can see me in a tunicle.

    If you thought those were lame try these one's... for the evangelical in you!

Have I missed any? Anyone have any more? Or, more importantly, has anyone used them?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. What could be better than telling someone that you think that they are really holy?

mariandev said...

lol. I love it! God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Girl you better go to confession, because it's got to be a sin to look that good.

You make even ordinary time seem extraordinary.

:)