By popular demand I’ve gone and looked them up again. Some are my own creation, some are my fathers (mainly aimed at me!), some are originally from a Canon now living in Camberwell and some are from Patrick Madrid.
My favourite five...
1. Haven’t I seen your face on a Holy Card somewhere?
2. Confess here often?
3. My Guardian Angel thinks you’re cute
4. What's a nice girl like you doing at a First Saturday Rosary Cenacle like this?
5. What lovely scapular brown eyes you have! (Can, of course, insert green if need be.)
And the rest...
- Your Pilgrimage or mine?
- May I sit down? I was admiring your Chest - erton. Have you also read Orthodoxy?
- I have a vocation to the married life. Will you help me out?
- My Sacred Heart statue started beating faster when I saw you.
- Ah, so you’re what happened to my missing rib.
- May I offer you a light for that votive candle?
- I would like to study the Theology of your body.
- Hi there. My buddy and I were wondering if you would settle a dispute we're having. Do you think the word should be pronounced HOMEschooling, or homeSCHOOLing?
- You don't like the culture of death either? Wow! We have so much in common!
- Let's get out of here. I know a much cozier little Catholic bookstore downtown.
- I bet I can guess your confirmation name.
- Hi, I need someone to do a Novena with. (That’s nine dates guaranteed)
- Sorry, but I couldn't help but noticing how cute you look in that ankle-length, shapeless, plaid jumper. (ouch!)
- Did you feel what I felt when we reached into the holy water font at the same time?
- Can I carry your missal for you?
- Come to my parish on Sunday you can see me in a tunicle.
If you thought those were lame try these one's... for the evangelical in you!
Have I missed any? Anyone have any more? Or, more importantly, has anyone used them?