Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Cricket and WYD

I was asked today whether I was going to the cricket starting Friday – Is the Pope in Turkey?

Yes I’m going. Hopefully everyday except most of Monday which I have a University meeting after lunch at the National Wine Centre. What should I do – Day 4 of the Test Match or free lunch and drinks at the Wine Centre?

I went to a WYD thingy tonight. I didn’t really know what to expect when I arrived but it was a bit unusual. I probably thought it was a Q&A forum with suggestion but it turned into a kinda early stages of forming working committees for the events in Adelaide in the lead up.

Anyway, it was pretty bad except that I met LYL from Purcell’s Chicken Voluntary!!! And there were a couple of other worthwhile people. The problem was it was just disorganised and there were a couple of mad ladies on my table – ‘WYD should be about the Indigenous and social justice’ – What about Our Blessed Lord??!!!

Suggestions included a Mass by the River Torrens... I refrained form suggesting that it would be great only if it were ad orientem. Maybe I should have stacked the meeting and hence the committees!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the question about going the cricket was rhetorical.