Sunday, August 13, 2006

Tenth Sunday After Pentecost

Introit: Ps. 54. 17, 18, 20, 23. When I cried to the Lord He heard my voice, from them that draw near to me; and He humbled them, who is before all ages, and remains for ever: cast thy care upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. Ps. Hear, O God, my prayer, and despise not my supplication; be attentive to me and hear me.

Gradual: Ps. 16. 8, 2. Keep me, O Lord, as the apple of Thy eye: protest me under the shadow of Thy wings. Let my judgement come forth from Thy countenance: let Thy eyes behold the things that are equitable.

Gospel: Luke 18. 9-14. (The parable of the Publican and the Pharisee)

Postcommunion: Grant, we beseech Thee, O Lord our God, that Thy gracious help may never be lacking to us whose strength Thou ceasest not to renew with Thy divine sacraments.

No comments: